Monday, August 15, 2011

Doing the writer thing

music

I just got a pair of poems accepted by an online magazine. Like the hype over getting a scientific paper published, pretty much nobody is going to read it.
I mean, with creative writing your chances of getting read are actually (much) better.
But still I'm so excited!!! I'm getting published (check itch in a few days.)

I wish academics were not so stuck, and I'm proud of myself for being unstuck: getting a bite of these worlds.

A video on academic culture:
It tells basically that superstition (the idea that learned people are witches or devilish) killed Baghdad science. Amazing.

2 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

I ordered a copy of Comrade -- should arrive soon. Looking forward to it. Woot~~

t said...

I like!
Watch out for Yalla!