Friday, December 18, 2015

Wake me up when it's all over

This is what we've been going through:
http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/nigeria/lagos
Very dry weather, with humidity plumbing levels below 20% daily, which is more or less outside the range of experience according to this graph.
 Climate data for Ikeja/Lagos, Relative Humidity in %
Average Max (blue) and Min (brown) with percentile bands 25th-75th (dark) and 10th - 90th (light)
 A lot of people
- feel cold, like in any desert, the temperature ranges wider now that it's dry - colder nights/mornings, hotter afternoons.
- can't stand the dust and pollution.  Sometimes I can taste sand. 
- have actually got colds, the flu or such.  I have.  I ended up taking medicine
-  feel super hungry.  Last week was the worst - I just had to keep eating.  It felt crazy to be hungry every hour or two, but what could I do?  Some people just report feeling thirsty. 
- don't want to get out of bed.  I'm sure it's for times like this that our more organic-living brethren (including the burrowing crew) discovered hibernation.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/human-hibernation-hypothermia.html
Biologically, we would probably do well to shut it down and get back to the business of money and such in January.  But we have calendars to run.

I feel lazy.  I feel like King David, walking through the cold valley of the dark shadow of harmattan.  In two weeks, I will break through to the other side.  I fear no evil.  This too shall pass.  

Advertisement: Read my books. ###Three Sisters, novel #1 here###

No comments: